EWMA 2020/TVS Educational Grants
You may have seen the recent announcement about the postponement of the EWMA 2020 conference.
The Tissue Viability Society (TVS) fully supports EWMA’s decision to postpone EWMA 2020 in London to November 18th – 20th due to the unprecedented global events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
This decision is made with wholehearted concern for the health and welfare for our global, European and local communities. EWMA & TVS believe this is the most responsible action to take when the skills and care from our committed wound and health care community are most needed by our fellow human beings at this time.
As we enter a period of ‘unchartered waters’ TVS would like to wish all healthcare workers and wider wound care community continued strength to support and deliver healthcare, as always, via their scientific knowledge, care, compassion, collaborative and leadership skills.
Please rest assured that the ‘EWMA team’ are working tirelessly to get the best overall outcome and minimise costs for everyone during this difficult period, so please bear with us.
EWMA and the Tissue Viability Society really look forward to warmly welcoming you to EWMA 2020 on November 18th-20th at the EXCEL in London UK.
This years theme of ‘Global Collaboration for Local Action’ has never appeared more appropriate.
Linda Primmer, Tissue Viability Society UK: Chair
If you have booked to attend EWMA 2020, click here to download some useful FAQ’s to help during these uncertain times
We are delighted to be the cooperating society for the #EWMA2020 conference which will now take place on 18-20 November at the ExCel in London. The TVS will therefore not be having a 2020 conference of their own.
The TVS Trustees are delighted to offer a number of educational grants which are kindly supported by 3M, Coloplast, L&R, Molnlycke, Smith & Nephew, Activheal, Frontier Medical, Huntleigh Healthcare, Thornton & Ross, Drive DeVilbiss, GAMA Healthcare, LimbO, Medstrom Ltd and Urgo Medical.
A number of one, two and three day educational grants are on offer to TVS members working and residing in the UK and cover:
• Up to 2 night’s hotel accommodation*
• Up to £100 towards standard travel expenses*
• Booking of hotel and travel as required*
*help is available for hotel and travel bookings
- Flight/Train costs will only be covered from within the UK. Arrival and departure dates in correspondence with the conference dates.
- The grant does not cover ground transportation or subsistence which will be at the grant receiver’s own expense.
- Reimbursement of costs to the grant receiver will take place within one week of the Conference and only actual costs will be reimbursed if accompanied by receipts/documentation.
- The registration is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged into monetary value or similar.
- The grant does not include a ticket to the Conference Dinner
Who can apply
Educational grants are only open to TVS members working and residing in the UK. Membership is just £30 (£10 for students). If you’re not already a member, click here to join.