Applying to be a Trustee
Want to be a TVS Trustee?
Applications now open!
Vacancies are open to all current TVS members who are either healthcare professionals or employed in research and teaching. Up to 2 Trustees on Council may be members of industry.
We are keen to involve members in the work of the Council and therefore also offer the opportunity to put yourself forward as a co-opted member of the Council, where you will be able to take part and try out the role of Trustee before you consider standing for subsequent election.
All candidates for election must be prepared to fulfil the role of a Trustee of a Registered Charity where they should attend meetings of Council and actively seek to develop and strengthen the Tissue Viability Society click here to see the Role of a Trustee.
The Tissue Viability Society draws members from a wide variety of professions and, as far as is possible, the composition of Council should reflect this breadth of membership.
TVS members are invited to put themselves forward for election or to discuss being co-opted onto the Council. Candidates must provide the details of two members who will propose and second their candidature using the nomination form set out below.
- Candidates who are successful are expected to attend at least three Council meetings a year (either in person or by teleconference), attend the annual conference and Annual General Meeting and contribute to various Council committees.
- No member can propose or second more than one candidate.
- Library subscribers to the JTV are not entitled to propose, stand or vote.
- If there are more nominations than vacancies, a ballot through the TVS website by an independent scrutineer will take place.
- All candidates, proposers and seconders must be members of the Society.
- The proposer and seconders will be contacted by the Society to verify details and provide a reference.
Complete the form below and apply NOW! Closing date for submissions is 20 March 2018
Registered Charity No. 1041915