Our mission is “to disseminate information, promote research and increase awareness of all aspects of good clinical practice in wound prevention and management”
The Tissue Viability Society (TVS) currently has over 500 members encompassing a wide range of professions involved in Tissue Viability. Members are primarily nurses but doctors, pharmacists, bioengineers, podiatrists, commercial members and clinical scientists are also represented.
Membership is available to individuals, regardless of professional background, who have an interest in Tissue Viability and companies who have an interest in the advancement of wound management practice and want to join the UK’s premier wound prevention and healing community.
We welcome students (undergraduates) as members of our Society, who will be the future of Tissue Viability, and have a special membership rate of only £10.
As a member of the Tissue Viability Society, you will receive the following:
- A copy of the Journal of Tissue Viability which covers all aspects of tissue viability ranging from systematic reviews to individual patient histories to your door each quarter.
- Access to on-line back issues of the Journal of Tissue Viability.
- Regular newsletters and updates to keep you up-to-date with current news, issues and events.
- Discounts at the annual TVS conference
- FREE Advanced and Foundation Study Days – experts in tissue viability deliver informative lectures, which are supported by a small company exhibition. Attendance can count as part of your participatory learning for your revalidation.
- The opportunity to apply for one of a number of Educational Grants to attend the annual TVS Conference and EWMA and EPUAP conferences in Europe.
- Early notification of our Advanced and Foundation Study Days and other educational forums.
- You can claim back tax on your membership fee.
- Preferential rate of only 10 Euros to join EWMA (European Wound Management Association) to support the improvement and development of wound care in Europe – Click here for further information
All of these benefits are available for only £30 per year or £10 for students.