Here’s just some of the activities that have taken place in recent years…
- TVS poster competition to raise awareness of pressure ulcers amongst the general public, healthcare workers and healthcare students. Victoria Peach, Lead Nurse Community Services (Specialist Interest Tissue Viability) for the Community Health Services Division, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, received free registration to TVS 2016 – The Conference for her winning poster. Click here to download
- The Welsh Wound Network held a Patient Experiences day to raise awareness of pressure ulcers.
- The East Midlands Tissue Viability Nurses Group held SSKIN workshops aimed at carers, patients, care agencies, social services carers, rehab support workers, OT and PT assistants, healthcare assistants, personal assistance and assistant practitioners.
- The West Midlands Tissue Viability Team held a series of events both for the day and throughout the month of November.
- The Southern Health Foundation Trust launched a new moisture pathway with community venues across Hampshire, as well as showcasing the launch of their Pressure Ulcer Guidelines.