Tuesday – Keep Moving
In partnership with Molnlycke
Watch it on catch up!
Missed the webinar on 16 November? Click to watch now
Pressure injury prevention and best practices in prone positioned patients
Tuesday 16 November 1230-1330
FREE to attend via the Zoom Webinar platform, will also be streaming to Facebook Live and the TVS website. Webinar will also be available to view on catch-up
- Dr Michelle Barakat-Johnson, PhD, MN, BN, RN, NSWOC, University of Sydney
- Moderating the webinar – John Timmons, Global Medical Director, Molnlycke
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an increasing number of patients are being admitted to ICU/CCU and cared for in a prone position for extended periods to aid mechanical ventilation. How can clinicians manage the increased risk of patients developing pressure ulcers as a result of prone positioning?
By attending this webinar you will:-
- Understand how pressure injuries occur in proned patients
- Learn from the Australian experience what procedures were put into place to improve outcomes for patients
- Learn how the addition of prophylactic dressing into the comprehensive skin care pressure injury bundle achieved positive outcomes