Virtual Pub Quiz
Take the PRESSURE off and join us for a Virtual fun “Pub” quiz!
As part of the 2020 STOP the Pressure National Campaign, the TVS, NHS England and NHS Improvement, in collaboration with industry and media partners are organising a fun virtual “pub” quiz.
Gather together your virtual team, grab a bottle (or two!), some snacks and join us for some fun as we test your PRESSURE knowledge!
Here’s the all important detail…
Thursday 19 November, 1900-2100 (GMT)
Entry is FREE via Zoom and will also be streamed to FaceBook Live!
Thanks to Simon Edmands from the Mark Allen Group for volunteering to host the evening. Simon has extensive experience of quizzing and runs a number of charity quiz nights on a regular basis so feel sure he will keep us on track and entertained!
Who’s it suitable for?
- Anyone, not just Healthcare Professionals.
- Quiz will be in English but teams from all countries welcome.
- Your team can be any size and you can communicate with your team over whatever medium you wish!
The technical bit
- We are bringing the TVS Virtual Pub Quiz to you via Zoom and it will also be streamed to Facebook Live.
- We are using Zoom Webinar so when you log in you will just see the QuizMaster rather than all participants
- There is a Chat and Q&A function which you will be able to use
What you will need
- One member of your team (the Team Captain 😊) will need a Zoom account – the software can be downloaded to a phone, laptop, iPad etc. They will need to register your team and will then receive the Zoom link.
- Remember, we need your team name so you get a shout out on the night!
- Good old fashioned notepad and pen
- Other devices charged and ready to go so you can communicate with your team members using Messenger, WhatsApp, FaceTime etc during the quiz
- Thinking cap 😊
How it will work
- Our quiz master for the evening is Simon who has vast experience of hosting quizzes but this is his first for the TVS – no PRESSURE at all 😊
- The quiz will be run in two halves – each lasting an hour so will give you chance to take a break, fill up your snacks and refresh your drinks
- Simon will ask the question and give time for you to liaise with your team. Your team members will be able to view the questions via Facebook or you can pass them on – remember only the Team Captain can log in using the Zoom link
- The Team Captain writes down the answers
- Simon will run through the answers and he trusts the Team Captain to be honest 😊
- Make sure to keep a tally of your score
- Team Captains will be asked to shout out their team’s score so that Simon can keep a record and the winning team will be announced at the end
- There’s no blankety blank cheque book and pen at stake but the winning team will receive a TVS 40th Anniversary pin badge!