Wound Care for Children
Tuesday 25 May 2021 0930-16.00
Entry is FREE to practicing Healthcare Professionals only via the Zoom Meeting platform
Children’s Nurses, Community Children’s Nurses, Paediatric Specialist Nurses, Tissue Viability Nurses, Practice Nurses, GPs
- Nikki Stubbs, TVS Trustee & Independent Tissue Viability Consultant
- Jansy Williams, Lead Tissue Viability Specialist, Infection Prevention & Control Department, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Frances Kent, Community Equipment, Clinical Specialist Lead, Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust
- Suzanne Whiting, Burn Care Advisor/ TRIPS Coordinator, Stoke Mandeville Hospital
- Katie Plevey, EB Clinical Nurse Specialist, Great Ormond Street Hospital
Caring for children with a chronic illness or disability can pose many challenges to Health Care Professionals. Frequently this includes the risks associated with maintaining skin integrity and wound healing when faced with complex factors that can impact on patient outcomes.
This advanced study day will explore some of the factors that need to be considered when assessing children with complex needs and will also provide insight into managing specific conditions such as Epidermolysis Bullosa and Burns.
At the end of this study day, delegates will have:-
- A good understanding of wound healing physiology for children and the specific factors that need to be considered during the wound assessment process.
- An enhanced awareness of the benefits and pitfalls of using equipment when caring for children.
- A good understanding of the key principles of burns management for children.
- A good understanding of the basic nursing principles of caring for a child with Epidermolysis Bullosa and how to tailor wound care to the specific types.
There will also be an interactive virtual exhibition of wound care products and preventative aids from our industry partners.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance on completing the course.
The event can count for up to 5 hours of participatory learning.
Booking is now closed. Further Advanced Days are coming soon – make sure you are subscribed to the TVS newsletter to receive updates!