The Tissue Viability Society (TVS) may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on the 8 May 2018.
What information do we collect?
We collect two kinds of information from visitors to this website:
- email sign up in the form of your name and email address
- site usage information which is collected in log files
Why we collect your data?
We collect your email address so that we can send you our latest newsletters and your browsing data to enhance your experience and to help us improve the website.
Our reasons for collecting your email data
What email data do we collect and keep?
Your name and email address only.
How we use your email data
To send you our newsletters.
How long we keep your data for and the reasons for this
We will keep your data for up to two years. Then we may ask you to re-opt in to receiving emails from us.
Who will we share your data with?
Email delivery service providers like MailChimp. But your data will not be shared with any third parties.
Site usage data
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you’ve given (eg your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
The cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. However if you don’t want the cookies on your computer, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org
Our website also uses Google Analytics cookies:
- _UTMA – This randomly generated number is used to determine unique visitors to our site – Expires after 2 years.
- _UTMB – This randomly generated number works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time users spend on our site – Expires after 30 minutes.
- _UTMC – This randomly generated number works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser – Expires when you close your browser.
- _UTMZ – This is a randomly generated number and information about how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search) – Expires after 6 months.
2 The information we collect
3 Who we disclose it to
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
5 Accessing and updating your personal information
We will always let you have a copy of personal information we have about you, should you request it, and you may correct it if you wish.